Roblox Error Code 103: Roblox is an MMO (massively multiplayer online) gaming site where more than a million people play daily. It’s a fun gaming community with many games made by users that can be played immediately. Roblox can be played on Xbox One and other gaming systems.
But a few Xbox users have said they have had trouble joining games, especially with the Roblox Error Code 103. This could happen on other platforms, but most of the time, it only happened on Xbox One.
This message shows up when you get the Roblox Error Code 103:
The Roblox game you want to play is not available right now. Error Code: 103
If this shows up on your window, you probably can’t play all Roblox games with your friends. So, what can you do to fix this? Read this guide to find out more.
Possible Reasons for Roblox Error Code 103
Roblox Error Code 103 can happen for several reasons, most of which have to do with the limits on your account. Here are some specific reasons why Roblox Error Code 103 might show up on your screen:
- Age Restrictions – Roblox doesn’t let people make profiles if they are younger than 13. This rule is strictly followed on XBox, more so than on platforms like Windows OS, macOS, and Android. This is also known as the Date-of-birth issue.
- Firmware Glitches – When you play Roblox, your console’s RAM stores data that is only needed for a short time, this can also be mistaken for the original game files, which can cause errors like Roblox Error Code 103.
- Privacy Issues – If you are using a child account, it has an extra layer of security settings, including one that blocks other users from seeing the content. The place some of the content from other people may turn off.
- NAT issue –This problem is caused by how your router’s ports are set up. Roblox Error Code 103 can fix by changing the UPnP settings.
Roblox Error Code 524 is the most common authorization error for playing on a PC or Playstation. Error Code 610 is similar, but it has more to do with internet connection problems than permissions or authentication.
How to Fix Roblox Error Code 103
Now that you know why the Roblox Error Code 103 is happening, you can try to fix it by following the detailed steps below. You have to do all the steps to determine which works best for your console.
1. Create a New Roblox Account (Age 18 and Up)
The most obvious way to fix this problem is to make a new account for people 18 and older. This makes a DOB (date of birth) problem impossible to happen again. If your child has a child account, you can monitor what he does instead of relying on Roblox’s limits.
The same thing happens with accounts made on a PC, as long as the age logged into the account is younger than 13. Do the following to make a new Roblox account:
- You can make a Roblox account by visiting this page on your PC or phone’s browser.
- Click the Sign-Up button in the top right corner of the page.
- You will ask to fill in your information. Ensure you put in a birthday at least 18 years old.
- Enter your log-in information and click the Sign-Up button below to confirm. Then, follow the steps on how to confirm your new Roblox account.
- Once that is done, click Sign in as your Roblox Account on your Xbox One to add the Roblox account.
- See if the problem is still there.
2. Allow “Content from other people” on a Child Account
Each child account on Roblox has strict rules, one of which is that you can’t play other people’s games. This could be useful on other platforms, but Roblox needs to think so.
If you can get into the Parent account, it’s easy to solve. Check to see if the “Content from other people” setting turns on if you use a child account. Here’s how it works:
- Sign into your Parent account on your Xbox One and go to My Games & apps.
- Then, choose Settings from the menu.
- Next, scroll down to the Family tab and click on the Child account giving you trouble.
- Choose Custom from the Privacy menu if you want to change any Privacy settings.
- Scroll through the choices until you find See what other people have made. Change it to “Allow” and save your changes.
- Once you are done, please turn off your Xbox One and turn it back on. Then, use the child’s account to sign in. Check to see if you are still getting the Roblox Error Code 103.
3. Fix any Port Forwarding Issue on your Router
Roblox uses your internet’s NAT (Network Address Translation) feature. Roblox is a place where people can play games together online.
Even though most routers can handle this problem independently, the UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) setting could turn off. This setting, along with other router settings, may have change, or it may have turn off by default.
Follow these steps to see if your router is having trouble with port forwarding:
- To get to the settings for your router, open the browser on your computer and type in one of the two IP addresses.
- You will go to a page where you can sign in. Enter the login information you used last time, then click Log in. If you have never logged into your router, the default username and password are usually admin and 1234.
Tip: Your router’s username and password may depend on who made it, so look up your router’s brand and model number first to be sure.
- After you’ve logged in, go to the menu for “Advanced” and look for “NAT Forwarding.”
- Find the setting for UPnP and turn it on.
- Then, save all of your changes and turn your router back on.
- Play a game on your Roblox account to see if you still get the Roblox Error 103.
If you’re trying to play Roblox on your PlayStation and get this error, read our article on How to Change NAT Type on PS5, PS4, or PS3.
If the error keeps happening, you may need to change how you set things up initially. On Aka.ms/XBoxSetup, we have a guide with the settings you need to use. Read on to find out why my Xbox controller keeps turning off if the problem is your controller.
Try playing Roblox on a PS5 if nothing else works. (cheeky!)
Most of the time, the Roblox Error Code 103 on Xbox One involves your account settings or privacy restrictions. Some problems can occur from an underaged child account, content restrictions, and issues with your router settings. So, if you recently had this problem with your Xbox One, this guide can help you fix it.